Thursday, March 16, 2017

Frank Sinatra Quotes



~ I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. When they wake up in the morning, that’s as good as they’re going to feel all day.

~ Nothing anybody’s said or written about me ever bothers me, except when it does.

~ I love all those girls the same as they love me. I get thousands of letters a week from girls who love me…. Every time I sing a song, I make love to them. I’m a boudoir singer.

~ Cock your hat – angles are attitudes.


~ I would like to be remembered as a man who had a wonderful time living life, a man who had good friends, fine family – and I don’t think I could ask for anything more than that, actually.

~ Rock ‘n’ roll smells phony and false. It is sung, played and written, for the most part, by cretinous goons. And, by means of its almost imbecilic reiteration, and sly, lewd and in plain fact, dirty lyrics … it manages to be the martial music of every side-burned delinquent on the face of the earth.

~ I’m not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I’m not looking for the secret to life…. I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.

~ There are moments when it’s too quiet. Particularly late at night or early in the mornings. That’s when you know there’s something lacking in your life. You just know.

~ Hell hath no fury like a hustler with a literary agent.

~ My greatest teacher was not a vocal coach, not the work of other singers, but the way Tommy Dorsey breathed and phrased on the trombone. 

~ With each word, your tenderness grows, tearing my fears apart. And that laugh, that wrinkles your nose touches my foolish heart. Your lovely, with your smile so warm and your cheek so soft, there is nothing for me but to love you.

~ No man’s lifetime of work has better expressed the land of the free and the home of the brave. No man’s lifetime of work has given proof to the world that our flag is still there. John Wayne is in truth a star-spangled man whom so proudly we hail.

~ I’m for decency — period. I’m for anything and everything that bodes love and consideration for my fellow man. But when lip service to some mysterious deity permits bestiality on Wednesday and absolution on Sunday — cash me out.

~ Fear is the enemy of logic. There is no more debilitating, crushing, self-defeating, sickening thing in the world–to an individual or to a nation.

~ I detest bad manners. If people are polite, I am. They shouldn’t try to get away with not being polite to me.

~ Throughout my career, if I have done anything, I have paid attention to every note and every word I sing – if I respect the song. If I cannot project this to a listener, I fail.

~ People who make a living off other people’s fortunes or misfortunes are parasites.
~ I’m for anything that gets you through the night, be it prayer, tranquilizers, or a bottle of Jack Daniels. But to me religion is a deeply personal thing in which man and God go it alone together, without the witch doctor in the middle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...