Saturday, December 3, 2016

Marilyn Monroe Quotes


* Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. 
* It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone - so far. 
* I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful. 
* The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space. 
* I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it. 

* No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't. 
* If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere. 
* I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. 
* Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.

* It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone - so far. 
* Experts on romance say for a happy marriage there has to be more than a passionate love. For a lasting union, they insist, there must be a genuine liking for each other. Which, in my book, is a good definition for friendship. 
* There is a need for aloneness, which I don't think most people realise for an actor. It's almost having certain kinds of secrets for yourself that you'll let the whole world in on only for a moment, when you're acting. But everybody is always tugging at you. They'd all like sort of a chunk of you. 
* Of course, it does depend on the people, but sometimes I'm invited places to kind of brighten up a dinner table like a musician who'll play the piano after dinner, and I know you're not really invited for yourself. You're just an ornament. 

* There was my name up in lights. I said, 'God, somebody's made a mistake.' But there it was, in lights. And I sat there and said, 'Remember, you're not a star.' Yet there it was up in lights. 
* Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul. 
* I used to think as I looked out on the Hollywood night, 'There must be thousands of girls sitting alone like me dreaming of being a movie star.' But I'm not going to worry about them. I'm dreaming the hardest. 
* With fame, you know, you can read about yourself, somebody else's ideas about you, but what's important is how you feel about yourself - for survival and living day to day with what comes up. 
* Being a sex symbol is a heavy load to carry, especially when one is tired, hurt and bewildered.

* It's nice to be included in people's fantasies but you also like to be accepted for your own sake. 
* A man has a tendency to accept you the way you are, while most women immediately start to pick flaws and want to change you. 
* It's not to much fun to know yourself too well or think you do - everyone needs a little conceit to carry them through & past the falls. 
* There are many times when a woman will ask another girl friend how she likes her new hat. She will reply, 'Fine,' but slap her hand to her forehead the minute the girl leaves to yipe, 'What a horror!' 
* I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best. 
* I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together. 
* Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. 
* I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love. 
* I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...